When you make an ACH payment through ClickPay, you will receive a payment confirmation email. This confirmation email ONLY confirms that your payment was submitted into our system and that the settlement process (debit from your account and credit to your association's bank account). The confirmation email DOES NOT confirm that the settlement process will complete successfully.
If you receive a return notice, please review the bank codes for returns below and re-submit your payment for processing. Any late fee or return fee that you may incur will be initiated by FirstService Residential, not by ClickPay. Please contact them in regards to their policy. Below are common ACH return codes, reasons, and details.
Common ACH Return Reasons
- R01: Insufficient Funds - The bank account didn't have enough money to cover the transaction. This is the electronic equivalent to a bounced check. Please resubmit and make sure there are enough funds in the account to cover the payment
- R02: Account Closed - The previously active account has been closed by action of the customer or the customer's bank
- R03: No Account - Unable to Locate. Typically, in this case, an account number, routing number or type of account (checking/savings) was entered incorrectly. Please resubmit payment and be careful to verify the account and routing number for your account. Please verify these numbers with a voided check.
- R04: Invalid account number -The account number structure is not valid, the entry may fail the check digit validation, or it may contain an incorrect number of digits.
- R08: Payment Stopped - The owner of the bank account has informed their bank this transaction was not authorized and cancelled this payment.
- R10: Corp Customer Not Authorized - The owner of the bank account has informed their bank this transaction was not authorized and cancelled this payment. The return code has more legal weight than R08
- R16: Account Frozen - Funds in bank account are unavailable due to action by you or your bank.
- R20: Non-Transaction Account - The ACH entry destined for a non-transaction account.This would include either an account against which transactions are prohibited or limited *Please note, you will not be able to utilize this account moving forward without contacting your bank with regard to the R20 return*
- R29: Corporate receiver has notified RDFI that Corp entry is not authorized -The corporation who owns the bank account has told their bank that this EFT was unauthorized. This transaction was made through a business bank account